The Executive Council is pleased to announce the return of student recognition awards for the 2017-18 school year. Local 2209 is passionate about recognizing Intermediate District 287 program students for their outstanding success!
The procedure to nominate a student is as follows:
- Anyone is eligible to nominate a student.
- All nominations are due on the 10th of the month unless that day falls on a weekend which will move the deadline to the next school day. Nominations may be submitted anytime on or after the 1st of the month. Please send nominations to Brent Maves.
- The nomination is a one to two paragraph summary of the students achievement and success. A picture can be included as well.
- The student(s) will receive a $20 gift card to a place of business of their choosing. The maximum number of students who may be nominated from one site is 3 which means get your nominations in as soon as possible.
- If multiple students are nominated from the same program Executive Council will decide the winner.
- A permission letter will be sent to the staff who nominated award winners. The letter needs to be signed by a legal guardian for information about the student to be posted on our 2209 website.
The site schedule for nominations:
- October- South Education Center
- November- Northwest Tech Center/Edgewood Education Center
- December- Care and Treatment & Northern Star Online
- January-West Education Center
- Febuary-North Education Center
- March-Epsilon/Omegon, Oak Hills, and Orono High School
- April- Technical Colleges and Headway programs
- May- Itinerant
Photo Credit: Dave Bezaire (Creative Commons)